Community Support Coordinator - 6 month Contract
Department: Social Housing
Job Type: Contract
The Community Support Coordinator will provide support in the resolution of tenant and community issues in order to assist individuals in obtaining and maintaining suitable permanent housing. This will include: providing services to prevent tenant evictions; assisting with the quality of life of tenants including the elderly, mentally ill, individuals and families at-risk; developing and maintaining a cooperative and partnership-based working relationship between local community service providers; tracking and analyzing various performance indicators and reporting on the successes; and suggesting changes to improve the outcomes of individuals and families served to prevent homelessness and maintain affordable housing. This position is based out of the Social Housing Administration office in Kincardine. Travel throughout the County of Bruce will be required as well as occasional travel outside of the County.
- University Degree in Social Services, Social Work, Community Development or related area of study plus two years of related experience. A College Diploma will be considered with satisfactory related experience
- Exceptional communication, human relations, conflict resolution, solutions-based interviewing and crisis intervention skills are imperative in order to identify the need for and obtain the intervention of other professionals
- Ability to work in a non-judgmental, empathetic manner with tenants from a variety of backgrounds and cultures
- Diplomacy in communication with others and when providing support to tenants in crisis as well as discussing observations, interpretations and recommendations with families and other professionals
- Strong time management, organizational and problem solving skills in order to prioritize and plan work activities and an ability to problem solve with others
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer and knowledge of software packages such as Microsoft Office, statistical analysis of data, different forms of social media including Facebook, Twitter etc.
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Good working knowledge of Human Rights and Privacy Legislation
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
Interested candidates should submit a covering letter and resume no later than Monday, October 6, 2014 to:
Mrs. Marianne Nero
Director of Human Resources
Corporation of the County of Bruce
PO Box 70
Walkerton ON N0G 2V0
Resumes may also be e-mailed in either Word or WordPerfect format to: email@example.com.
Personal information contained in applications will be used for recruitment purposes and collected as per Freedom Of Information (F.O.I.) And Protection Of Privacy Act, 1987.
We thank all applicants in advance, but regret that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Corporation of the County of Bruce is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.Download Job PostingSend Page To A FriendSubmit Resume