Job Type: Contract
THE CORPORATION OF THE COUNTY OF BRUCE
REQUIRES A PLANNER (CONTRACT)
Reporting to the Senior Planner, the Planner, as a member of the inland sub-regional office (located in Walkerton), provides independent advice and opinion to the County of Bruce and the local municipalities on all matters of land use planning, which includes the integrated evaluation of the social, physical, environmental and economic features of the Community. The Planner’s primary responsibilities are in the areas of local policy development and all statutory matters related to the Planning Act and related legislation. This is a one-year contract position with full-time hours, replacing a permanent employee on leave. The position commences in July 2016.
- Degree in Urban and Regional Planning, Rural or Small Town Planning or Community Development.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing. Provide high quality facilitation, negotiation, presentations, customer service and mediation services in multi-party settings.
- Member or eligibility for membership in the Canadian Institute of Planners/the Ontario Professional Planners Institute.
- Sound knowledge of rural, recreational and community planning principles and concepts. High skill level in all matters related to the Ontario Planning Act and related planning legislation and processes.
- Good analytical skills with ability to problem-solve, gather relevant information, solve less well-defined planning problems, and comprehend complex legal documents and technical reports.
- Knowledge of principles, methodology, practices of research and data collection.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products and Geographic Information Systems software applications.
- Ability to travel
Interested candidates should submit a resume and covering letter by 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 18, 2016 to:
Mrs. Marianne Nero
Director of Human Resources
Corporation of the County of Bruce
30 Park Street, P.O. Box 70
Walkerton, Ontario N0G 2V0
Resumes may also be emailed in Word or Adobe format to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants in advance, but regret that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Personal information contained in applications will be used for recruitment purposes and collected as per the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.O. 1990, Chapter M.56
The Corporation of the County of Bruce is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.Download Job PostingSend Page To A FriendSubmit Resume