Department: Social Housing
Job Type: Full Time
The Tenant Coordinator will provide support for tenant administration which includes selecting and placing tenants according to housing needs, lease signing, rent collection and arranging move-ins and move-outs. The Coordinator also works with tenants if difficulties arise such as rent arrears, social problems and complications living independently. Other duties include serving Notices of Termination under the Residential Tenancies Act, preparing affidavits, and attendance at Tribunal hearings and Small Claims Court as required. Frequent travel throughout the County is required, and occasionally outside the County.
The Social Housing Administration office is located in Kincardine, along the beautiful Lake Huron shoreline. The area offers many family fun events and year round recreational opportunities for the young and the young at heart. Come discover the unique shops, local talent and breathtaking sunsets. Enjoy small town living with city life just a drive away.
- Degree or College Diploma in Social Services, Social Work or related field, with related experience.
- Good understanding of the Housing Services Act and regulations pertaining to applicant and tenant administration
- Good understanding of the Residential Tenancy Act, Landlord Tenant Board and Small Claims Court proceedings
- Strong organizational, oral and written communication, and listening skills are required
- Clerical and computer skills are required
- Valid Driver’s License and a reliable vehicle
Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume with a covering letter by 4:30pm on Friday, August 15, 2014 to:
D. J. Harris
Director of Human Resources
Corporation of the County of Bruce
P.O. Box 70
Walkerton, Ontario N0G 2V0
Resumes may also be e-mailed in Word or Adobe format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal information contained in applications will be used for recruitment purposes and collected as per Freedom Of Information (F.O.I.) And Protection Of Privacy Act, 1987.
We thank all applicants in advance, but regret that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Corporation of the County of Bruce is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.Download Job PostingSend Page To A FriendSubmit Resume