Job Type: Full Time
The Corporation of the County of Bruce requires a Truck Driver/Labourer. Working out of the Lucknow Shop, this full time position involves general equipment operation and labour duties in the summer as well as operating snow plows/sanders in the winter months. Shift work will be required in the winter months (October – April). The successful candidate for this position must be reliable and able to work independently.
- Minimum Grade 12 education
- AZ license required
- Must have a clean, safe driving record (recent driver’s abstract will be required)
- Experience driving in adverse winter conditions
- Experience driving a plow/sander unit
- Experience operating a loader
- Physically able to perform manual labour tasks, including heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs), and work in confined spaces
- Must be able to report to the Lucknow Shop within approximately thirty (30) minutes of the call-ins
Interested applicants should submit a covering letter and resume no later than Monday, June 15, 2015 to:
Director of Human Resources
County of Bruce
PO Box 70, 30 Park Street
Walkerton, Ontario N0G 2V0
Resumes may also be e-mailed in Word or Adobe format to email@example.com
Personal information contained in applications will be used for recruitment purposes and collected as per Freedom of Information (F.O.I.) And Protection of Privacy Act, 1987.
We thank all applicants in advance, but regret that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Corporation of the County of Bruce is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.Download Job PostingSend Page To A FriendSubmit Resume