Road Construction and Maintenance
|Bruce Road 6East (Absalom St. Mildmay)||Road Construction||BRUCE ROAD 6East (Absalom St. W. Mildmay) from Peter St to Adam St will be CLOSED AUG 25 & 26, 2016 for road construction. Emergency vehicles will be allowed access. Traffic disruptions will occur for the remainder of the construction project until completion in late September.||full closure Aug 25 & 26, 2016|
|Bruce Road 40||Road Construction||As of 7:00 a.m. on Thursday, August 11, 2016 - BRUCE ROAD 40 from Arran-Elderslie Sideroad 20 to Bruce Road 3 will be CLOSED to through traffic for road reconstruction. Emergency vehicles and local traffic only. There will be no detour route posted.||Until late September 2016|
View Bruce County Roads in a larger map
Driving Safely Through Construction Zones
Did you know…fines are now doubled for speeding in a construction zone when workers are present?
- Plan your route and allow extra travel time
- Expect the unexpected
- Slow down to the posted speed limits and pay attention
- Keep a safe distance between you and the vehicle in front of you
Keep Your Eyes On the Road
- Never use a cell phone or text while driving
- Stay focused on the road and remove all distractions
- Follow signs and traffic control person’s directions
- Pay Attention
- Watch for workers, new signs or uneven pavement
Obey the Signs
- Signs contain important information that warns motorists or provides them with essential information about the work ahead, traffic conditions, road closures and detours.
Share the roads with construction workers and make safety your priority.
Speeding is Dangerous & Costly
Keep our roads safe and observe the lower speed limits posted in construction zones. Fines are doubled for speeding in a construction zone when workers are present.
Follow Bruce County Roads on Twitter
This information is provided as a public service. We endeavour to ensure that the information is as current and accurate as possible.