Road Construction and Maintenance
|Big Irwin Bridge on the Brant-Elderslie Line||Bridge Replacement||The Bridge Irwin Bridge is closed for replacement. The Bridge is impassable to all vehicles.||May 2015 - Summer 2016|
|Bruce Road 15 Glammis||Construction - use caution July 24-Aug 10||BRUCE ROAD 15 from Bruce Road 1 westerly to the 20th Sideroad of Bruce Township has been temporarily REOPENED TO TRAFFIC as of Friday, July 24, 2015 at 1:00 p.m. until 7:00 a.m. Monday, August 10, 2015. This section of Bruce Road 15 will be closed again to traffic on Monday, August 10, 2015 to continue road construction operations.||Temporarily open July 24 - Aug 10|
|Bruce Road 6East||Construction||BRUCE ROAD 6EAST from Bruce Road 28 to Bruce Road 12 will be CLOSED until further notice. This section of Bruce Road 6East will be passable for emergency services vehicles only. A detour route has been posted.||Indefinite|
View Bruce County Roads in a larger map
Driving Safely Through Construction Zones
Did you know…fines are now doubled for speeding in a construction zone when workers are present?
- Plan your route and allow extra travel time
- Expect the unexpected
- Slow down to the posted speed limits and pay attention
- Keep a safe distance between you and the vehicle in front of you
Keep Your Eyes On the Road
- Never use a cell phone or text while driving
- Stay focused on the road and remove all distractions
- Follow signs and traffic control person’s directions
- Pay Attention
- Watch for workers, new signs or uneven pavement
Obey the Signs
- Signs contain important information that warns motorists or provides them with essential information about the work ahead, traffic conditions, road closures and detours.
Share the roads with construction workers and make safety your priority.
Speeding is Dangerous & Costly
Keep our roads safe and observe the lower speed limits posted in construction zones. Fines are doubled for speeding in a construction zone when workers are present.
Follow Bruce County Roads on Twitter
This information is provided as a public service. We endeavour to ensure that the information is as current and accurate as possible.