Road Construction and Maintenance
|Highway 21/GBL/Bruce Road 10 Intersection||Road Construction||As part of the Stage One of the Traffic and Construction Operations: • Lane Closures on Highway 21 are anticipated reducing the travelling road width to 3.5 m . • Intermittent Lane Closures on Grey-Bruce Line and Bruce Road 10 are also anticipated. • During Stages of Traffic and Construction Operations, detours provide alternative single lane local routes with the following dimensions: - Maximum paved width of 4.5 m - Gravel shoulder ranging from 1 to 2.5 m wide - Maximum height clearance of 4.5 m due to crossroad overhead wires.||Undetermined|
View Bruce County Roads in a larger map
Driving Safely Through Construction Zones
Did you know…fines are now doubled for speeding in a construction zone when workers are present?
- Plan your route and allow extra travel time
- Expect the unexpected
- Slow down to the posted speed limits and pay attention
- Keep a safe distance between you and the vehicle in front of you
Keep Your Eyes On the Road
- Never use a cell phone or text while driving
- Stay focused on the road and remove all distractions
- Follow signs and traffic control person’s directions
- Pay Attention
- Watch for workers, new signs or uneven pavement
Obey the Signs
- Signs contain important information that warns motorists or provides them with essential information about the work ahead, traffic conditions, road closures and detours.
Share the roads with construction workers and make safety your priority.
Speeding is Dangerous & Costly
Keep our roads safe and observe the lower speed limits posted in construction zones. Fines are doubled for speeding in a construction zone when workers are present.
Follow Bruce County Roads on Twitter
This information is provided as a public service. We endeavour to ensure that the information is as current and accurate as possible.