Road Construction and Maintenance
|BRUCE ROAD 1 from the 7th Concession of Kincardine to the 9th Concession of Kincardine||Culvert Replacement||BRUCE ROAD 1 from the 7th Concession of Kincardine to the 9th Concession of Kincardine will be CLOSED on Monday, June 26, 2017 and Tuesday, June 27, 2017 from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. for culvert replacement. This section of road will be impassable for Emergency vehicles. There will be a detour route posted.||June 26, 2017 and June 27, 2017|
|Bruce Road 1 - Highways 9 to Bruce Road 20||Road Construction||BRUCE ROAD 1 from Highway 9 to Bruce Road 20 will be under construction from mid to late May for road construction. There will be short term closures where the work is taking place. The work will start at Highway 9 and move north throughout the summer. There will be no direct access on to Bruce Road 1 from Hwy 9 from the start of construction until the project is complete. A local traffic detour will be posted with access from the Kincardine-Kinloss Boundary Road. Bruce Road 15 through Glammis will be open at all times. The scheduled completion of the construction will be late August to early September. Emergency vehicles will be allowed access and will follow the local traffic detour when required.||Mid May to Early September|
View Bruce County Roads in a larger map
Driving Safely Through Construction Zones
Did you know…fines are now doubled for speeding in a construction zone when workers are present?
- Plan your route and allow extra travel time
- Expect the unexpected
- Slow down to the posted speed limits and pay attention
- Keep a safe distance between you and the vehicle in front of you
Keep Your Eyes On the Road
- Never use a cell phone or text while driving
- Stay focused on the road and remove all distractions
- Follow signs and traffic control person’s directions
- Pay Attention
- Watch for workers, new signs or uneven pavement
Obey the Signs
- Signs contain important information that warns motorists or provides them with essential information about the work ahead, traffic conditions, road closures and detours.
Share the roads with construction workers and make safety your priority.
Speeding is Dangerous & Costly
Keep our roads safe and observe the lower speed limits posted in construction zones. Fines are doubled for speeding in a construction zone when workers are present.
Follow Bruce County Roads on Twitter
This information is provided as a public service. We endeavour to ensure that the information is as current and accurate as possible.