Legacy Map Factory Application
The Bruce County Map Factory is an online interactive map which supplies property information such as zoning and official plan designations for those who would prefer to find the information themselves. Also included are points of interest such as schools, recreational facililities, waterbodies, woodlands, elevations, and high resolution aerial photography. Feel free to explore!
If using Internet Explorer 8 or newer, you might find the map will not load. To correct this, simply enable Compatibility View by clicking the grey icon at the rightmost end of the address bar of the map window. The icon will then turn blue and the map will successfully load.
Follow these simple steps:
- Launch the program in a new window (click the logo!)
- Search (Query) the property by one of:
- Municipal Tax Roll Number from the municipal tax notice,
- MLS number from the realtor (same as roll number)
- Civic (street) Addressing
- Former Township, Lot & Concession
- Using the “i" inquiry tool at the bottom of the map, select the circle beside the Zoning – County Wide layer, and click on the property of interest.
Map layers include:
- Aerial photography (spring 2010 and 2006)
- Property Parcels / 911 street addresses
- Road Names
- County & Local Official Plan Designations
- Lot & Concessions,
- Landmarks, facilities and services
- Topographic layers such as rivers, lakes, elevation contours, wooded areas, wetlands, and more.
Labels for select layers can be turned on/off with a click on the ‘label toggle’ located beside the layer name.
Information for Layer Data can be seen by selecting the “i" tool at the bottom of the map, marking the circle beside the layer, and clicking on the object of interest.
Searches by municipal tax roll number, civic (street) address, or lot & concession make it easy to locate a property to:
- Identify zoning on any property in the County
- View properties in high-resolution aerial photography
- Find rural lots by Lot, Concession and Former Township name
- Create a map of your neighbourhood
- Measure distances and areas
- Map any street in Bruce County and the Chippewas of Saugeen First Nation
- Map any school (Public and Separate) in Bruce County
- Find points of interest like the Point Clark Lighthouse or the Bruce County Museum & Cultural Centre
- Run a custom query against any map layer
- "Explore the Bruce" from north to south and east to west using the interactive map tools that allow you to zoom in and out, pan, and identify features
If you receive a "Page could not be displayed" or similar error, it may be that you have a firewall that is blocking access to port 615. Please configure your firewall to allow access through port 615 and try again.