Looking for Planning Notices and File-Related Information?
Click on your municipality heading in the bottom right hand side bar
By File Number, Applicant (Last Name) or Street Address
Pre-consultation is intended to simplify and speed the administration of an application, which typically takes 3-4 months. Please contact the appropriate office prior to the submission of applications to ensure that the required types of application are identified and complete, including required information, fees and studies.
Public Meetings are held for most planning applications, to provide neighbours with an opportunity to comment on the application. Public Notices are sent by regular mail and orange Development Signs are posted on subject properties advertising the Public Meetings. Questions or clarifications should be directed to the administering office prior to the meeting, if possible.
Walkerton Planning Office
Heather James, Planner
- Township of Huron-Kinloss (Huron, Kinloss, Lucknow, Ripley)
- Municipality of South Bruce (Mildmay, Carrick, Teeswater, Culross)
Bruce Stickney, Planner
- Municipality of Kincardine (Kincardine Twp, Bruce, Tiverton, Kincardine)
Leah Andrews Barrie, Planner
- Town of Saugeen Shores (Saugeen, Port Elgin, Southampton)
Stephanie McCulloch, Administrative Assistant
Ann McCracken, Planning Applications Tech
Wiarton Planning Office
Jakob Van Dorp, Planner
- Municipality of Northern Bruce Peninsula (Eastnor, Lindsay, St Edmunds, Lions Head, Tobermory)
- Town of South Bruce Peninsula (Albermarle, Amabel, Hepworth, Wiarton)
- Municipality of Arran-Elderslie (Arran, Elderslie, Tara, Paisley, Chesley)
- Municipality of Brockton (Brant, Greenock, Walkerton)
Lynda Steinacker, Planning Applications Tech
Applications must be completed and submitted to initiate the development process. On-line applications cannot be submitted due the legal requirement for signature in the presence of a Commissioner of Oaths (a fee may be involved in some locations). Paper applications are available from municipal and county offices. Clear, legible site plans detailing all existing and proposed buildings, structures and uses including septic beds and wells, their size and distance to lot lines are required for all application types. Please refer to the information sheets for information required.
- Huron Kinloss Municipal Application Fee By-law 2013-03
- Kincardine Municipal Application Fees 2014
- Saugeen Shores Municipal Application Fees and Charges By-law 96-2013
COUNTY APPLICATION FORMS & INFORMATION SHEETS
- Schedule of Current Fees
- APPLICATION FORM ONE – Multi-Purpose Application used for:
- Official Plan/Secondary Plan Amendment (info shet) to change a land use designation or Plan policies.
- Zoning By-Law Amendment (info sheet) to change the property zoning for permitted uses, etc.
- Consent/Severance (info sheet) for permission to sever land.
- Minor Variance (info sheet) to vary provisions of the Zoning By-law (e.g. lot frontage, lot area, sideyard setbacks, etc.)
- SUBDIVISION / CONDOMINIMUM APPLICATION FORMS - used in association with various stages of Subdivision and Condo developments
- Subdivision / Condo Application Form & Guide - used to apply for developing a plan of subdivision or condominium.
- Minor Revision to a Draft Plan of Subdivision/Condominium Form - used to apply for 'minor' changes to the layout or Conditions of Draft Approval of a Draft Approved Plan. Note: The County reserves the right to determine if the proposed changes are minor in nature.
- Major Revision to a Draft Plan of Subdivision/Condominium Form - used to apply for 'major' changes to the layout or Conditions of Draft Approval of a Draft Approved Plan.
- Condo Exemption Form - used to recognize that a proposed development has 'recently' undergone Planning Act approvals and that sufficient safeguards are in place due to requirements for Site Plan Control or a Development Agreement. Please request this form directly from the local area planner based in either the Walkerton or Wiarton Planning Offices
- Final Approval Form- used to apply for Final Approval of a Draft Plan of Subdivision/Condominium of all, or part of, a Draft Approved Plan.
- MUNICIPAL FORMS - used by local municipalities where the County of Bruce is the Approval Authority
- Part Lot Control - used by local municipalities for a Part Lot Control Exemption By-law
Approval of Adopted Official Plan Amendment - used by Municipalities for a Secondary Official Plan Amendment which has been adopted by the municipality
Appeal of Decisions
- Once a Notice of Decision is issued regarding a Planning Application, an appeal may be filed with the Ontario Municipal Board (OMB). Basic informaton on filing an appeal is included in each Notice of Decision, including the last day for appeals to be filed, and to whom the appeal should be directed. For access to the required OMB forms and further details on OMB Appeal procedures, please visit the OMB Website. File specific information (including completed applications, site plans and agency comments) is available in PDF format from the right column of this site, listed by Municipality and File Number, in chronological order.