Looking for Planning Notices and File-Related Information?
Click on your municipality heading in the bottom right hand side bar
By File Number, Applicant (Last Name) or Street Address
(If you are unable to find your file using the search function below, please Click on your municipality heading in the bottom right hand side bar. We are experiencing temporary problems with the search engine and are working on a solution.)
How to Appeal a Decision
Each planning application once completed will have a 'Decision' issued, containing an 'appeal by' date. The hearing of appeals is undertaken by the Ontario Municipal Board (OMB). To access the required OMB forms and further details on OMB Appeal procedures, please visit the OMB Website.
Pre-consultation is required with the appropriate office (listed below) prior to submitting an application, to be sure that all requirements are identified and applications are complete, including site plans, fees and studies. Application processing generally takes 3 to 4 months.
Public Meetings are held for most planning applications.
Public Notices are sent by regular mail and Development Signs are posted on subject properties and/or Notices may be posted in local newspapers. Questions or clarifications should be directed to the administering office.
The County of Bruce is committed to client service and would appreciate your input on how your experience with our Department was. Please take a few minutes to click the following link and fill out the survey: County of Bruce Land Use Planning Satisfaction Survey
Manager of Land Use Planning
Interior Plannng Office, Walkerton
David Smith, Senior Planner
Dana Kieffer, Planner
Ann McCracken, Planning Applications Technician
- Township of Huron-Kinloss (Huron, Kinloss, Lucknow, Ripley)
- Municipality of South Bruce (Mildmay, Carrick, Teeswater, Culross)
- Municipality of Brockton (Walkerton, Brant, Greenock)
Stephanie McCulloch, Administrative Assistant
Lakeshore Planning Office, Port Elgin
Leah Barrie, Senior Planner
Mollie Kuchma, Planner
Matt Meade, Planning Applications Technician
- Municipality of Kincardine (Bruce & Kincardine Twps, Tiverton and Kincardine)
- Town of Saugeen Shores (Saugeen, Port Elgin, Southampton)
Peninsula Planning Office, Wiarton
NEW LOCATION AS OF JUNE 30, 2016
268 BERFORD ST, WIARTON
Jakob Van Dorp, Senior Planner
Brian McHattie, Planner
Lynda Steinacker, Planning Applications Technician
- Municipality of Northern Bruce Peninsula (Eastnor, Lindsay, St Edmunds, Lions Head, Tobermory)
- Town of South Bruce Peninsula (Albermarle, Amabel, Hepworth, Wiarton)
- Municipality of Arran-Elderslie (Arran, Elderslie, Tara, Paisley, Chesley)
On-line submission of applications is not accepted. Original applicant and Commissioner of Oaths signatures are required. Applications may be printed from PDF's below, or paper applications are available from municipal and county offices. Clear, legible site plans detailing all existing and proposed buildings, structures and uses including septic beds and wells, their dimensions and distance to lot lines are required for all application types. Please refer to the information sheets provided below, for further information. Pre-consultation is required with the appropriate office (listed above) prior to submitting an application.
- Schedule of Current (2016) Fees
- Application Form One 2016
Multi-Purpose Application used for:
- Official Plan/Secondary Plan Amendment to change a land use designation or Plan policies (Official Plan Amendment Info Sheet 2016).
- Zoning By-Law Amendment to change the property zoning for permitted uses, etc (Zoning Info Sheet 2016).
- Consent/Severance for permission to sever (Consent Info Sheet 2016).
- Minor Variance to vary provisions of the Zoning By-law (e.g. lot frontage, lot area, sideyard setbacks, etc.) (MV Info Sheet 2016)
- Subdivision / Condominium Application Forms - used in association with various stages of Subdivision and Condo developments
- Subdivision / Condo Application Guide 2016 - to apply for developing a plan of subdivision or condominium, please contact and schedule a pre-consultation with the senior planner responsible for your planning area (as listed above). A brief information sheet is attached to the link provided.
- Minor Revision to a Draft Plan of Subdivision/Condominium Form 2016 - to apply for 'minor' changes to the layout or Conditions of Draft Approval of a Draft Approved Plan. Note: The County reserves the right to determine if the proposed changes are minor in nature.
- Major Revision to a Draft Plan of Subdivision/Condominium Form 2016 - to apply for 'major' changes to the layout or Conditions of Draft Approval of a Draft Approved Plan.
- Condo Exemption Form - used to recognize that a proposed development has 'recently' undergone Planning Act approvals and that sufficient safeguards are in place due to requirements for Site Plan Control or a Development Agreement. Please request this form directly from the local area planner based in either the Walkerton or Wiarton Planning Offices
- Final Approval Form for Subdivision or Condominimum 2016 - to apply for Final Approval of a Draft Plan of Subdivision/Condominium of all, or part of, a Draft Approved Plan.
- Municipal Use Forms -used by local municipalities where the County of Bruce is the Approval Authority
- Part Lot Control 2016 - for a Part Lot Control Exemption By-law
- Approval of Adopted Official Plan Amendment 2016 - for a Secondary Official Plan Amendment which has been adopted by the municipality