Last Update: November 20, 2013
The video celebrates our successes over the past several years, the importance of housing from an economic and personal perspective and highlights the stories of members of our community who have been assisted.
What we do
The Social Housing division is responsible for the funding and administration of social housing programs in the County of Bruce and management of the Bruce County Housing Corporation buildings. Responsibility for social housing was transferred from the Province of Ontario to the County of Bruce on January 1, 2002.
Social Housing is a division of the Social Services and Housing Department.
Programs we administer
Bruce County Housing Corporation (BCHC) is owned and managed by the County of Bruce and governed by a Board of Directors who are all county councilors.
Private Non-Profit Housing
Owned and operated by community-based non-profit corporations. There are 4 private non-profit housing providers in the county who offer rent-geared-to-income and market rent accommodation. Below is a list of the providers in Bruce County.
Formosa Seniors Non-Profit Housing
1155 Bruce Road 12
Port Elgin Rotary Non-Profit
Elgin Place West
539 Ivings Drive
Port Elgin, Ontario
Russell Meadows Accommodations
755 Campbell Avenue
Golden Dawn Seniors Non-Profit
80 Main Street
Lion's Head, Ontario
Private Rent Supplement
A private or non-profit landlord sets aside units for households requiring rent-geared-to-income; the county pays the landlord the difference between geared-to-income rent and the market rent for the unit.
- CMHC Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
- Habitat for Humanity Grey Bruce
- Housing Help Association of Ontario (HHAO)
- Landlord and Tenant Board
- Mental Health and Addiction Services in Grey Bruce
- Ontario Tenants Rights
- Wigwamen Non-Profit Residential Corp.
- Women’s Housing Serving Bruce and Grey
- 211 Ontario - When You Don't Know Where to Turn
- Dial 2-1-1 for Social and Community Services in Ontario
- Minsitry of Community and Social Services