welcome to Bruce County

Applying for Housing

How To Apply

To apply for housing please call the Bruce County Community Housing Registry during regular business hours from 8:30 am - 4:30 pm Monday to Friday at (519) 396-3450 ext 104 or 1-877-396-3450 ext 104
e-mail: housingregistry@brucecounty.on.ca


An application can be picked up at the offices of housing providers throughout Bruce County, local municipal offices or the county administration office in Walkerton and can be faxed or mailed to Bruce County Community Housing Registry office


A copy of the application is available on the website in the "Application" section under Applying for Housing.


Drop into the Bruce County Community Housing office at 325 Lambton Street, KINCARDINE and pick up an application.


Am I Eligible To Apply for Housing Available Through the Registry?

-You must be a Canadian Citizen, Landed Immigrant, or have Refugee Claimant Status and have no deportation order.

-At least one person in your household must be 16 years or older.

-You must not owe rent arrears or damages to any social housing provider or have misrepresented your household income.

-If you own a house, you must agree to put it up for sale upon offer to lease and sell within six months.