welcome to Bruce County

News Items

Bruce County Housing Link

Bruce County Housing Corporation publishes a tenant newsletter approximately twice a year entitled Bruce County Housing Link.  This newsletter explains information and news about what’s happening in the Housing Corporation as well as updates on policies and helpful tips for tenants.  For the newsletters look under the Downloads section of this webpage. 

Soho Tenant Insurance for Residents of Social Housing

SoHo Tenant Insurance is an insurance being offered for residents of social housing.  Please follow the link to find more information about this insurance at www.sohoinsurance.ca 

The Application for Tenant Insurance can be under the Downloads section of this webpage.

The Kathleen Blinkhorn Aboriginal Student Scholarship Fund

The scholarship will be awarded each fall to Aboriginal students attending a college, university, or private trade school recognized by the Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities. Applicants must also live in non-profit housing and, while applications will be accepted from students at all levels of post-secondary education, preference will be given to students who are not currently in their first year of study.

The poster and scholarship application can be downloaded from www.onpha.on.ca

Registered Education Savings Plan

The Canada Learning Bond (CLB) program contributes a bond to Registered Education Savings Plans opened by families receiving the National Child Benefit Supplement under the Canada Revenue Agency's Canada Child Tax Benefit program.  For more information visit the Service Canada website at http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/goc/clb.shtml.

Useful Links

Alzheimer Society of Grey-Bruce www.alzheimergreybruce.com

SoHo Tenant Insurance for Residents of Social Housing www.sohoinsurance.ca