Hazardous Waste Collection Events
Residents of Bruce County are encouraged to bring their hazardous waste materials to any of the Household Hazardous Waste Events. Thank you for responsibly disposing of household hazardous waste. This season is now closed for 2022, kindly monitor this site for the 2023.
- Household hazardous waste materials include: paints and stains, propane tanks, used oil, aerosols, batteries, antifreeze, oil filters, solvents, household cleaners, fluorescent lights, fertilizers, fuel, pharmaceuticals, fire extinguishers, pesticides, and pool chemicals. See the full list of Accepted Materials below.
- Please note that commercial waste, agricultural waste, industrial waste, PCB’s, ammunitions, and flares will not be accepted.
- Only containers with a volume of 30 litres or less will be accepted. Waste must be received in containers that can be disposed of. Containers will not be emptied and returned (ie. gas cans). Empty metal paint cans are blue box recyclable.
- Attendees must remain in their vehicle with windows closed and with waste materials in their open trunk only for unloading. Please do not attend events if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Bruce County will be taking all precautions reasonable for their staff and contractors to operate these events during the pandemic. We require resident's adherence to the protocols in place to deliver this service. The County retains the right to refuse service if protocols are not being followed.
Transportation and Environmental Services
Tel : 519-881-2400