Please take notice that the Bruce County Transportation & Environmental Services Department will be completing Micro Surfacing maintenance on various sections of County roads from mid-May 2021 through to July 2021. Motorists and landowners can expect temporary traffic delays and single lane closures at the maintenance locations during this timeframe. One lane will remain open at all times.
Micro Surfacing will be taking place at the following locations (Map):
- County Road 2 from the West limits of Walkerton to County Road 3
- County Road 9 from Stokes Bay Road to Highway 6
- County Road 29 from County Road 9 to 120 North of Ida Street
- County Road 19 from Concession Road 4 to East end of curve at Vesta
- The West Road from County Road 13 to Howdenvale Road and from Little Pike Bay Road to County Road 9
Micro Surfacing is waterproofing of the existing pavement, which protects the underlying layers from water damage and restores the pavement’s surface characteristics. This maintenance will maintain safety and comfort requirements of users and residents. Micro Surfacing may appear as new asphalt, however it is not the same product and is not an improvement to the underlying road.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as the Transportation & Environmental Services Department completes this important maintenance work on Bruce County roads.
Discover more about Bruce County Road Construction and Maintenance.
The Transportation & Environmental Services Department can be reached at: