Household Hazardous Waste Collection in Bruce County
Residents of Bruce County are encouraged to remove hazardous waste materials from their homes, garages, and basements and dispose of them in an environmentally safe manner. To assist with this cleanup effort, Bruce County will be hosting thirteen Household Hazardous Waste Collection events in designated locations across the County in 2022.
Household hazardous waste materials include: paints and stains, propane tanks, used oil, aerosols, batteries, antifreeze, oil filters, solvents, household cleaners, fluorescent lights, fertilizers, fuel, pharmaceuticals, fire extinguishers, pesticides, and pool chemicals. The full list is available at www.brucecounty.on.ca/hazardouswaste.
Residents of Bruce County are welcome to attend any of the following event locations:
- May 7, 2022 – 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- October 1, 2022 – 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Southampton Works Yard, 429 Peel St., Southampton, ON
- May 28, 2022 – 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- August 13, 2022 – 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Kincardine Public Works Yard, 140 Valentine Ave., Kincardine, ON
- June 4, 2022 – 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- South Bruce Public Works, 21 Gordon St. E., Teeswater, ON
- June 11, 2022 – 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Bruce County Highways Garage, 545 Ludgard St., Lucknow, ON
- June 25, 2022 – 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- September 24, 2022 – 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Bruce County Highways Garage, 94 Bruce Road 2, Walkerton, ON
- Lion’s Head
- July 23, 2022 – 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Eastnor Landfill Site, 1252 West Road, Lion's Head, ON
- July 30, 2022 – 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Town of South Bruce Peninsula Works Garage, 441048 Elm St., Wiarton, ON
- August 6, 2022 – 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- St. Edmunds Landfill Site, 71 McArthur Road, Tobermory, ON
- August 20, 2022 – 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Bruce County Transportation Garage, 242 Canrobert St., Paisley, ON
- Sauble Beach
- August 27, 2022 – 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Amabel Works Yard, 413 Municipal Road, Sauble Beach, ON
Please note that commercial waste, agricultural waste, industrial waste, PCB’s, ammunitions, and flares will not be accepted. Only containers with a volume of 30 litres or less will be accepted. Waste must be received in containers that can be disposed of. Containers will not be emptied and returned (ie. gas cans). Empty metal paint cans are blue box recyclable.
Attendees must remain in their vehicle with windows closed and with waste materials in their open trunk only for unloading. Please do not attend if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
Bruce County will be taking all precautions reasonable for their staff and contractors to operate these events during COVID-19. We require resident's adherence to the protocols in place to deliver this service. The County retains the right to refuse service if protocols are not being followed.
Discover more about Household Hazardous Waste Collection at: