Child Care Fee Subsidy
Please note that our offices are closed to the public, however, Child Care Caseworkers are available to assist families by phone and email. Please feel free to contact us at 519-881-0431, toll free at 1-800-265-3005, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for information and support.
Families residing in Bruce County, who have children aged birth to 13 years, may qualify to have the full or partial amount of their child care costs paid.
Aims of the Subsidy Program
- To support parents in their efforts to work or attend school
- To provide eligible families with access to appropriate and convenient licensed child care
- To serve and assist parents so they feel comfortable and have confidence in the care their child is receiving
- To offer respite and resources to families, parents, and children who may be at risk
- To monitor the progress of the children placed in licensed child care settings
- To act as a resource to child care centre staff and to home child care providers.
The Child Care Fee Subsidy Program pays for spaces in Child Care Centres, Nursery Schools, and Before and After Care School Programs that are licensed and monitored by the Ministry of Education as well as Authorized Camps and Children's Recreation Programs that are High Five accredited. Child Care Fee Subsidy can also be provided for care by Licensed and Monitored Home Child Care Providers that are approved by Bruce County Children’s Services.
How to Apply for Subsidy
If you are interested in applying for Child Care Fee Subsidy, contact the Bruce County Children’s Services Division.
A Child Care Caseworker will meet with you in an office close to your home. You are required to bring federal notice of assessment and child tax benefit notice. Net income amount is used to determine eligibility.
If you are approved, the Child Care Case Worker will help you choose a child care placement that best suits your needs.
Access the online calculator by clicking the link on the top of the page called "Child Care Fee Subsidy Calculator"