LEAP - Low-Income Energy Assistance Program
Our offices are open to the public by appointment and our programs and services continue to be available virtually by phone, fax, and email. Please call Human Services at 1-800-265-3005 for more information.
Westario Power customers can receive up to $500 in emergency assistance for electricity arrears (or up to $600 if your home is heated electrically). The assistance is only available if you are behind on your bill - or in arrears - and may face having your service shut off (disconnected). It is for emergency situations only and is not meant to provide you with ongoing help to pay your bills. You cannot receive more money than you owe on your bill.
In order to be eligible for the LEAP EFA grant, applicants must:
- be an existing customer of Westario Power or an existing customer of a unit sub-meter provider operating within the service area of the distributor;
- reside at the address for which there are arrears; and
- have an after-tax household income at or below the thresholds below:
- 1 - 2 person(s) less than $28,000
- 3 - 4 persons $28,001 - $39,000
- 5 - 6 persons $39,001 - $48,000
- 7 or more persons $48,001 - $52,000
You can fax, mail or drop off your application to:
Bruce County Human Services
Mail: P.O. Box 1450, Kincardine, ON N2Z 2Z4
Drop Off at your local Human Services office:
- 529 Gary Street, Kincardine
- 30 Park Street, Walkerton
- 1234 MacKenzie Road, Port Elgin
- 268 Berford Street, Wiarton
Please contact Bruce County Human Services at: 1-800-265-3005 with any questions.
Program guidelines as of January 1, 2017