Skip to main content

Permits, Signs & Temporary Road Closure Requests

The Bruce County Transportation and Environmental Services Department oversees permits and permissions for the following categories of requests associated with roads and bridges under their jurisdiction: Over Dimensional Loads, Entrances, Encroachments, Sign Installation, and Temporary Road Closures

Over Dimensional Load Permits

An over dimensional load permit is required from the Bruce County Transportation and Environmental Services Department when vehicles and loads traveling on roads under the jurisdiction of the Transportation and Environmental Services Department exceed the dimensions and/or weight limits as outlined in the Highway Traffic Act .  Each permit has specific conditions that must be adhered to.  Included below are links to the permit information literature and application forms.  Should you have any questions regarding the over dimensional load permit process, please contact our office.

M1 (2.86m to 3.75m wide and/or greater than 63,500 kg's) Oversized Load Permit

M2 (between 3.76m wide and 4.99m in total width) Oversized Load Permit

M3 Superload (5m wide or greater/ greater than 63,500kg) Single Trip Permit

Preferred route map to Bruce Power

Moving Permit - Appendix A - Utilities Companies

Payment Options

To pay online, please click the Option Pay image below:

Option Pay Logo


To mail a cheque, kindly provide the permit number and mail to:

Transportation and Environmental Services
P.O. Box 398
30 Park St,
Walkerton ON  N0G 2V0
Phone: 1-800-265-3005 or 519 881-1291

Entrance Permits
Contact the office for an entrance permit.

Encroachment Permits
Contact the office for an encroachment permit.

Sign Installation
Review By-Law 3809, complete the Advertising Sign Permit Application and forward the completed request to  

Temporary Road Closure Requests
Please review By-Law 2013-024.  Obtain an application from the local municipality to be completed by the requester and the local municipality.  Upon approval by the local municipality, the form will be forwarded to the County Engineer for County Approval.


Bruce County Council
Municipal Planning Applications