Teeswater River Bridge (Paisley)
The existing bridge location will be closed from August 10, 2022 to October 2023 during construction. The project started in May 2022 with the construction of a temporary bridge that will connect Goldie Street and Church Street, over the Saugeen River, and serve as the connecting detour for motorists and pedestrians in Paisley.
Semi-trucks, tractor trailers, and agricultural equipment are to avoid crossing at the bridge in Paisley during the construction period due to the tight turns of the in-town detour. Businesses using large trucks for shipments and deliveries are encouraged to make alternative route plans to avoid the in-town detour.
- Temporary Bridge Construction - Completed
- Temporary Bridge in Operation - August 2022 to Late October 2023
- Old Bridge Demolition/New Bridge Construction - August 2022 to Late October 2023
- New Infrastructure Construction North of New Bridge - Started in 2023
- Temporary Bridge Demolition - Starting in Late October 2023
- Paisley Bridge Replacement Project Progresses On Budget (September 18, 2023 News Release)
- Paisley Bridge Replacement Project Progresses On Schedule (July 17, 2023 News Release)
- Paisley Parking Update: parking on Queen St. N (north of the bridge and south of Church St.) is closed, effective until Fall 2023. Businesses remain open. Please see Alternative Parking Map.
- Update: Paisley Bridge Replacement Project (July 28, 2022 News Release)
- Paisley Bridge Replacement Project Underway (July 19, 2022 News Release)
- Paisley Bridge Replacement Begins May 2 (News Release)
- Teeswater River Bridge (Paisley) Updates
Teeswater River Bridge Site Plans
Alternate Truck Routes Map
Paisley is Open For Business
The artistic village of Paisley and its businesses are still open for all to visit, shop, dine and enjoy during bridge construction! You can find answers to frequently asked questions here.
A variety of events and festivals in Paisley are planned for the coming year. You can find the events list here.
Paisley entrepreneurs and business owners looking for free guidance, resources and supports should reach out to Business to Bruce:
• Phone 1-800-268-3838
• Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Request a conversation
Environmental Assessment (Class EA)
Bruce County completed a Class Environmental Assessment (Class EA) process to consider options associated with replacement of the Teeswater River Bridge. Paisley and area residents and businesses were invited to explore two virtual public information sessions about the replacement of the Teeswater River Bridge, located on Bruce Road 3 in Paisley. There were no negative impacts identified with the project that could not be mitigated. A preferred alternative for the bridge design and detour has now been selected.
The proposed bridge will be a two-span structure with wider sidewalks and viewing platforms on both sides. The railing will also be designed with a lower parapet wall and decorative railing to allow unobstructed views of the river. An in-town temporary detour route was selected for local traffic to minimize impacts to residents and the commercial district during reconstruction of the bridge.
Transportation and Environmental Services
Tel : 519-881-2400