2017 Eligible Communities for Streetscape Beautification Grant include:
Ripley, Lucknow, Walkerton, Mildmay, Lion’s Head, Wiarton, Southampton, Port Elgin, Kincardine.
In order to qualify for a Streetscape Beautification Grant:
- Applicants must be a municipality, established or incorporated group or a stakeholder group in partnership with an incorporated group, and must have municipal support in the form of a letter outlining the project timing and delineating responsibilities for maintaining the completed project.
- Applicants may only have one grant application per category per intake. A maximum of two (2) Streetscape Beautification Grants may be awarded per downtown per program year.
- Projects must not have commenced prior to the awarding of the requested grant.
- Projects must be completed by October 31st, 2017. Extensions are not granted. If money is not spent it will be deemed an incomplete project and you will need to reapply next year.
- Applicants must provide a minimum 50% cash contribution towards the total cost of the project for which they are applying for a grant.
- If applicant receives addition funding sources, they are required to provide a minimum 33% cash contribution
- Taxes are the full responsibility of the applicants.
- Eligible Project costs must be actual cash outlay to third parties acting at arms length and which can be documented through original invoices or proofs of payment
- Applicants must specify how their plan contributes to the overall brand character of the Town and that their plan does not duplicate or compete with any other efforts underway.
- Applicants must assume responsibility for maintenance of streetscape elements once purchased.