Walkerton is a quaint town situated on the banks of the Saugeen River. Known to the Ojibway as Hahskosesing meaning “Little Marsh,” Walkerton began in 1850 when Joseph Walker arrived, building a dam across the Saugeen and then erecting a saw and grist mill. Walker, who was also the proprietor of a tavern, not only gave his name to this river town, but also became its first mayor.
|walkerton community toolkit||4.54 MB|
|walkerton research summary||1.64 MB|
|walkerton cip||238.13 KB|
|walkerton business recruitment and enhancement strategy||3.12 MB|