UPDATE: Temporary Lane Closures on Paisley Bridge for Final Restoration Work
Please take notice that the removal of the temporary bridge in Paisley, Ontario has commenced. The temporary bridge successfully served as an in-town detour for motorists and pedestrians during the construction of the new Paisley Bridge, which officially opened on November 3, 2023. Please take notice that there may be temporary lane closures on the new Paisley Bridge from November 16 to November 24, 2023 to complete minor works. The bridge will be open to vehicular and pedestrian use during these temporary lane closures.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we finalize this important infrastructure work in Bruce County. Motorists can continue to drive to and through Paisley while bridge construction is being completed. Paisley businesses are open.
- New Bridge Opened to Traffic – November 3, 2023
- New Infrastructure Construction North of New Bridge – Completed by November 3, 2023
- Temporary Bridge Removal – Starting November 2023
- Top Lift Paving – Occurring in the Summer of 2024
- For Business Support, contact Business to Bruce at 1-800-268-3838 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Construction Inquiries, contact Bruce County Transportation & Environmental Services at 519-881-2400 or email@example.com
The Teeswater River Bridge in Paisley was constructed in 1935 and provided over 85 years of service to the community. Looby Construction Ltd. is the contractor for this construction project and BM Ross is the Project Engineer. Partial funding for this project is provided by the Canada Community Building Fund (CCBF).
Discover more about Road Construction in Bruce County.
Discover more about Transportation & Environmental Services.